Welcome!

Mighty on Paper offers a space that helps anyone and everyone in the literary world.

Have a project that isn't selling well? Here we will help promote your work and give honest feedback.

Are you stuck in a writing rut? We can brainstorm together.

Do you love to read anything you can get your hands on? Readers, this is the place for you! Mighty on Paper wants to offer you the chance to engage with authors, read their newest projects, and gush about their work.

Just want to see your name in "print" and need a space to publish your work? Welcome home! Use this space as a platform!

Whatever your needs are, we have plenty of room for you here. Welcome to our blog where the pen is always mightier than the sword!

Happy reading/writing/editing!

-Mighty on Paper

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Thoughts on, Wicked Abyss

I'm late to the Immortals After Dark new release! I know! But, I finally got time to read some books, so for a while I am going to just do book reviews. My roots are in reviews and I am excited to get back to it. If you want to see some of my previous reviews, click here. Anyway, let's do this.














Immortals After Dark is a wonderful series written by the talented Kresley Cole. I have been a fan of the series since about book five. So, I am always impatiently waiting for the next book. This is a series that you can jump right into, but you will want to go back and read from the beginning because she has so many wonderful characters and stories.

Wicked Abyss, is a take on the Beauty and the Beast, story. Sian lives in a magical mansion and has a terribly cure places upon him that makes him utterly hideous to look at. His attitude matches his looks. Lila is a beautiful princess who is held captive by the beast. They both have flaws and a hard time listening to each other. There is war, blood, death, fallen kingdoms, love, hate, and humor all within the story.

I don't believe in spoilers, but I think it is safe to say that you can always count on Cole to give you an ending that is filled with the warm and fuzzies.

I read this book in one sitting. I could not put it down! That is one of the things I enjoy most about Cole's books. There is never a moment where I feel like I can put the book down for a little while. I have to know what happens next or I will die!

You can always count on Kresley Cole to make you laugh, cry, and swoon in the same chapter! Read the book. Read the series. Read the author. They are all great!

Happy reading!

Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment